Monday, September 24, 2012

DIY Beauty: Face Mask

Found this mask on My Yellow Sandbox!  I've only tried it once.  It uses Honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Nutmeg has been used since ancient times to heal many skin diseases including eczema.  Cinnamon has been used for thousands and thousands of years as an anti-fungal, astringent, and  anti-viral.  Last but not least honey is an antiseptic. The original recipe had lemon which is known to fade scars and age spots. Since I don't have a huge problem with that and the addition of the lemon will make this concoction feel like its burning my skin I decided to leave the lemon out. If you are brave enough to try the original recipe you can find it here: Burning Face Mask 

Below is what I did though you could probably cut the recipe in half and it would still be plenty.

 

Face Mask Recipe:
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp honey

Directions: 
Mix together into a thick paste.  Apply on your face and leave on for 30 min. Rinse the mask off with warm water.


This mask won't move mountains in one night but with consistent application it should help your skin.  If using lemon do not use more than three times a week.

Thanks Abby for the great pictures. I was very happy not to have to show the world what I looked like in this mask. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments! I read and love them all!
Need a response? Please use the contact page instead.
Thank you!