Monday, November 5, 2012

What I shall Attempt to Remember this 2012 Election...

How to Find a Poll Booth


Poll Booth (clipped to polyvore.com)

I don't know about you but I'm a little stressed about the election results this Tuesday. I personally feel that unless something drastically changes in this country the country as we know it will cease to exist. Let's just say I don't handle stress well. My dad asked me,"If things don't go the way you want this Tuesday are you going to be able to handle it?" Ummmmm....I hope so?!?!?


And then God very graciously showed me this Scripture passage:
Praise the name of God forever and ever, for he has all wisdom and power. He controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars. Daniel 2:20,21
God is the one who controls the course of world events. God is the one who removes Presidents and sets up other Presidents. And though I may not like His choice, He has all wisdom and power. Yes, He asks us to act. And yes, choices have consequences. And sometimes suffering those consequences are the best thing. But I know they will be filtered through God's goodness and His wisdom. God didn't need me to be born in this century, in this country, going through these historic moments. But He did. It was His good, wise choice.

So no matter what happens tomorrow. God is good. God is wise. God is loving. And God is in control.

2 comments:

  1. Such a good verse! LOVE that! I recently did a post on my blog similar, but I'm not sure I've ever though about that particular verse in terms of the President. Great post!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments! I read and love them all!
Need a response? Please use the contact page instead.
Thank you!