Monday, December 17, 2012

Oh the Stupid Things I Do...

Awkward Moments. I seem to create a lot of them. Being the perfectionist people pleaser that I am, I don't find it funny. Like the time I watered the plants at work. Last time they'll ask me to do that! I know that some pots leak out of the bottom when watered. I know that. Really I do. So I watered them just a little and then made sure to check whether or not these were the leaking kind. They didn't. (So I thought. Y'all know where this is going...) Because the plants were dying since no one had watered them and I was going to be gone for 3 days I figured I'd better give them a good watering. Six hours later I notice a coworker on her hands and knees mopping up water, a "Caution Wet Floor" sign, and a huge puddle. Um...yes, that was me. I seem to be a magnet for things like this. Hmmm, maybe I should start a blog series on this? You know they say laughter is good medicine. I can cry about my stupidity or I can give someone a good laugh all the while hoping that I don't do it again. As my father likes to say, "What do we learn from this?" Lesson #1: It takes a while for water to soak through completely parched dirt in a pot. Wait at least an hour before deciding to water them with gusto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments! I read and love them all!
Need a response? Please use the contact page instead.
Thank you!